Atchison, Kansas’s first cemetery was located near the corner of North 5th and Riley Streets. This small marker is located behind the historic Evah Cray house, which was built on the land in 1882. Nothing remains of the cemetery.
The beautifully restored mansion features ornate fireplaces, carved woodwork, original chandeliers and Victorian furnishings plus a three-story castle-like tower.
After city was platted
Evah Cray House, Atchison, Atchison County, Kansas